To keep your spirits up ;-)
For 2 persons, this recipe contains :
2 chicken breasts
50 g grated parmesan cheese
300 g potatoes
250 g green beans
And for the sauce :
2 red peppers
1 clove of garlic
In addition, you will need :
Salt and pepper
Oil and vinegar
2 tbsp. honey
50 g flour
50 g breadcrumbs
For the pepper sauce:
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C
2. Wash the peppers. Cut them into quarters and scoop them out.
3. Place the peppers on baking paper and bake for 30 minutes. Remove the skin from the warm peppers (without burning yourself!)
4. Peel the garlic clove and squeeze the juice from ½ lemon.
5. Place the peppers, garlic, honey and lemon juice in a blender. Blend until smooth and set aside in a cool place.
For the chicken, potato sticks and the beans :
1. Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes.
2. Cook them for 6-7 minutes in boiling salted water with two tablespoons of vinegar. Drain and place in an ovenproof dish.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste and bake for 12 minutes at 200°C.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the beans by removing the tips and cooking them for 8-10 minutes in boiling salted water.
5. Stir and return the potatoes to the oven for another 12 minutes so that they get a nice golden colour.
6. Cut the chicken breasts into strips about 2 cm wide. Season with salt and pepper.
For the breading :
1. Take 3 soup plates. Put the beaten egg in the first, the flour in the second and the breadcrumbs and grated parmesan in the third (can also be made with dry bread ;-) ).
2. Dip the chicken in the flour, then in the egg and finally in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture. 3. Brown the chicken pieces in a pan with a little oil for about 4 minutes per side.
4. Serve the potatoes with the chicken and the sauce on the side.
The MagicTip: Add two tablespoons of vinegar to the cooking water of the potatoes so that they keep their shape during baking. And if you don't have breadcrumbs at home, just mix some dry bread.
Allergens: contains gluten, garlic, egg