about the recipe
MagicTomato's chickpea curry, travel in India as you eat local products.
Easy to prepare (even if you have to start the day before), healthy, high in protein... this vegan dish is a super star.
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 500 grams dry chickpeas
- 250 grams white onions
- 6 garlic cloves
- 500 grams of datterino or cherry tomatoes
- 160 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp yellow curry powder
- optional : cumin, paprika and parsley or coriander
Let's start with chickpeas:
- In a bowl, soak 500 grams of dry chickpeas in water for 12 hours.
- After 12 hours, discard the soaking water and transfer the chickpeas to a pan filled with fresh water (the chickpeas must be well covered). Cook for 2 hours on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- The chickpeas are cooked when they become tender. You can then drain them and set them aside.
Then the curry:
- Thinly slice 250 grams onions and brown them in a saucepan with a little olive oil.
- Add 6 chopped garlic cloves and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add 500 grams of tomatoes cut into pieces with the juice.
- Add coconut milk and the curry. You can also add cumin or paprika according to your taste.
- Add the chickpeas and mix well, cook for 10 minutes.
- Add parsley or coriander and serve with rice for example.
5 products in this Recipe