about the recipe
Gratin Dauphinois: a dish that dates back to the eve of the French Revolution
Ingredients for a slightly lighter version with milk and cream:
800 grams of floury potatoes
40 cl of milk
14 cl of cream 25
salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees
- Peel and cut the potatoes into thin slices (for this step you can ask other people to help)
- In a baking dish, cut the garlic in half and rub the dish. Then, arrange the slices in layers in the dish.
- In a bowl, mix the cream and milk with salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste and pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Add a little cream on top and put back in the oven for 20 minutes
The MagicTip: The classic version does not contain any cheese but why not add some when finishing for an even more delicious result.
Accompanied by a green salad it's the best! :-)
3 products in this Recipe