about the recipe
Chakchukah, travel to the Middle East for breakfast!
- 6 eggs
- 2x red bell peppers
- 314 grams of organic tomato pulp from Apulia
- 1 white onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.-.
- Peel and mince the onion and garlic. Seed and chop the peppers.
- In a frying pan, melt the onion and garlic in 4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Add the tomato pulp, 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin, 1/2 teaspoon ground sweet paprika, 1/2 teaspoon Provençal herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer and reduce for about 15 minutes over low heat.
- Create 6 small hollows in the sauce with the back of a spoon and place an egg in each hollow. Make sure your pan is oven safe, if not, transfer the sauce to ovenproof ramekins.
- Bake (in the pan or in the ramekins) for 8 minutes until the white is set and the yolk is still runny.
- Your MagicAcolytes love to ea this chakchukah with thick slices of half-white toast. A perfect option for a brunch at home or a quick meal.
Ingredients mentioned in italics are not included in the recipe pack, but can be added to your basket in 1 click.
4 products in this Recipe