The Eton Mess is the freshest simplest dessert. How about a local, greener version?
- 6 local kiwis
- 10 ml of water
- 40 g sugar
- 1 lime
- 6 meringues
- 500 ml UHT liquid cream
- Finely zest the lime and squeeze out the juice. Peel 4 kiwis, dice them and mash them up with a fork while adding water, lime juice and sugar. Keep the preparation in a cool place and the zest separately. Peel the remaining 2 kiwis and dice them.
- Whip the UHT cream and a little sugar up to stiff peaks.
- Break the meringues into pieces and mix them with the whipped cream (keep a few larger pieces for serving).
- Place a few diced kiwi cubes, 1 tablespoon of kiwi fruit coulis and a layer of whipped cream with meringue at the bottom of several glasses. Fill the glasses in layers.
- Finish with a bit of coulis, a piece of meringue and the zest previously reserved and serve.
One last MagicTip? Adapt this recipe with any over-ripe fruit you have at home or with your favourite fruit!
4 products in this Recipe
Cremo Cream UHT 25%
Handmade meringues - 12 pieces